Make Your Next Event SWING!
Swing has the unique ability to bring people of all ages together in a fun and social environment. We've taught and/or performed at wedding receptions, corporate functions, conferences, private functions, sweet sixteen parties, galas, community events, dance weekends and festivals, lodges, grand openings, and on cruise ships from Asia to Australia to the Amazon.
Turn strangers into friends and non-dancers into dancers.
- Throw a Speakeasy Party
- Have a dance lesson at your wedding reception
- Bring us to your school
- Create a fundraiser or fun community event
- Engage employees and friends
PRIVATE PARTIES, PUBLIC FUNCTIONS & FESTIVALS
Put your guests in the mood for dancing! We'll provide a dance lesson, the look, music and sound.
Programs we've done:
- Swing Night at the Spiegeltent
- FDR Library Family Fun Day
- Red Hook Apple Blossom Day
- Great Gatsby Dance Locust Grove
- Prohibition Bash Dutch's Spirits
- 4H Barn Bash Ulster County Fair
- Hudson River Museum Trustee Gala
- Arts Society of Kingston Gala
- West Point Veteran's Day Gala
- Rhinebeck Aerodrome Lindberg Festival
- Bardavan Gala with Bernadette Peters
Have you seen the documentary MAD HOT BALLROOM? Our Swing Dance Programs offer all of the benefits of teaching students to dance without competition. Perfect for schools looking for art-enrichment programs with a creative tie-in to history, music and American culture, and at the same time reduce cliques and bullying incidents and improve students' physical coordination, social skills and confidence in a fun and safe environment.
Perfect for a Fundraiser or for organizations looking for a fun and social activity for employees that also builds partnership and communication skills.
Programs we've done:
- Diversity Day at New York Power Authority
- United Way Dancing with the Stars Ulster Style!
- Grace Smith House Staff Conference
- Cooperative Extension Staff Conference
- New York State Art Teachers Association Conference
- Bard College Freshman Orientation
DANCE WORKSHOPS: Bring us to your town!
We've taught workshops all over the world ...
- Flurry Festival of Music and Dance in Saratoga Springs
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Holland America Cruise Line
- Institute for Shipboard Education
- NYU Intercollegiate Lindy Exchange & Competition
- Omega Institute Zen of Swing Dance Weekend Workshop
- Dance Consultants NNY Film Productions
- Smorgasbord of Swing, Albany
- Swing on Martha's Vineyard Dance Weekend
- Swing in Ireland, Dublin
- Swing Dance Weekend at the Lodge at Woodloch, PA
What our clients say...
"Linda and Chester do a great job for us at the Flurry Festival. We can have as many as 250 people at a time learning dance moves and they definitely are on top of that daunting task! They also bring their dance troupe of students who perform during the band breaks. Thanks, guys!"
Peter Davis - Program Director
Flurry Festival of Traditional Dance & Music, Saratoga Springs, NY
"The Cooperage Project in Honesdale, PA was thrilled to collaborate with Linda and Chester to host a swing night in our space.
We had had a few dances here before, but bringing their expertise and the Swing Shift Orchestra brought it to another level! People in the community have been talking about the dance all week and have been asking when we're bringing them back!"
The Cooperage Project
"It is clear how beneficial this kind of interaction can be for people from all walks of life. For us, it helped break down reserve among staff and gave us an opportunity to interact on a fun basis instead of the usual work-connected ways. Learning something new together and sharing so much laughter allowed us to return to our duties refreshed and reconnected."